Now in its second year, the dedicated web portal http://
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. For over 50 years, SBA will continue its tradition in honoring the nation’s 28 million small businesses.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week include the following awards:
- · National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- · Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
- · Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- · Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- · The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- · SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program)
- · Exporter of the Year
- · Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- · Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
- · Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
In addition to the portal, nominations can also be sent directly to SBA District Offices, which can be located online at http://www.sba.gov/
Winners of the Small Business Person of the Year award and other award categories will be invited to Washington, D.C., in 2014 to compete for national titles and to attend National Small Business Week events.