The Puget Sound Chapter of the American Marketing Association (PSAMA) has announced that MarketMix 2013 will be held at the Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle on Wednesday, March 20. The all-day conference will be hosted by nationally renowned marketing strategists John Andrews, CEO and Co-founder of Collective Bias; Ekaterina Walter, Social Media Strategist and Innovator of Intel; and Curtis Kopf, Managing Director of Ecommerce and Customer Innovation of Alaska Airlines.
Through a series of panels and presentations from national speakers as well as some of Seattle’s top business leaders, seminars will explore top trending subjects in today’s marketplace, such as leveraging storytelling in content marketing and optimizing for a mobile-savvy customer. From best practices in digital marketing and brand affinity to content strategy, this year’s conference will highlight the emerging trends that enable a company, brand or person to strengthen connections with its target audience.
“The marketing landscape is changing now more than ever. As technology continues to evolve, it is providing new ways for consumers to interact with each other and with brands.” said Mike Gilbert, PSAMA VP of MarketMix. “We couldn’t be more pleased to be hosting this event, and offer an opportunity where best practices can be shared and discussions held on top trends, and current challenges in the marketing industry.”
MarketMix 2013 topics will include:
- How to Leverage Storytelling in Your Content Marketing
- Online Targeting—Successfully Casting a Smaller Net
- Case Study: Creative Multi-Channel Awareness-Building
- Case Study: Tearing the Lid Off Your Brand With Video
- Big Data: Peril, Promise, Prediction
- 10 Keys to Successful Social Media Research & Insights
- Optimizing for a Mobile-Savvy Customer
- Finding Your Competitive Advantage in a Me-Too World
- Leveraging IT for Big Marketing Value
- Market Smarter with Automation: Best Practices in CRM
- How Crowd-Sourcing Can Fundamentally Change Your Business
- Ten Marketing Trends You Can’t Afford To Ignore in 2013
About the keynote speakers:
- John Andrews, CEO & Co-founder of Collective Bias: As CEO and co-founder of Collective Bias, John brings over 14 years of experience with leading brands like Sara Lee, Eastman Kodak Digital, Newell Rubbermaid, and Walmart. He led the creation of Walmart’s award-winning social media platform, Elevenmoms, an industry-leading online customer advocate program. He is a visionary for bridging the gap between the point of influence and the point of purchase with shopper-centric, channel-focused technology and platforms.
- Ekaterina Walter, Social Media Strategist & Innovator of Intel: A social media strategist and innovator at Intel, Ekaterina also authored the Wall Street Journal bestseller, “Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook’s Improbably Brilliant CEO Mark Zuckerberg.” She is a recognized business and marketing thought leader, a sought-after speaker and a regular contributor to leading-edge print and online publications. Walter also has been featured in a number of prestigious publications and in 2012 was named among 25 Women Who Rock Social Media.
- Curtis Kopf, Managing Director of Ecommerce and Customer Innovation of Alaska Airlines: Since 1998, Curtis has been caught in the whirlwind of technology and innovation at Amazon.com. He was Amazon’s first General Manager in the UK and spent seven years at Amazon in London and Seattle focusing on customers and building high growth digital businesses. After Amazon, he spent five years at Microsoft in its Windows, Corporate Communications and retail groups. Most recently, Kopf has served as Managing Director, Ecommerce and Customer Innovation at Alaska Airlines, the leader among traditional U.S. airlines in on-time performance and customer satisfaction.
For a full list of speakers, please visit http://marketmix2013.com/speakers.
The PSAMA is the largest and most comprehensive professional marketing association in Washington State. Our mission is to advance the careers of all marketing professionals in the Puget Sound through professional education, events, networking, resources, industry news, and job opportunities.
MarketMix is the premier networking and professional development event for marketers in the Pacific Northwest. As the signature PSAMA event, MarketMix promotes the exchange and acquisition of knowledge among marketing professionals.