While no one in the Evergreen State hit last night’s estimated $587.5 million Powerball jackpot, there are still thousands of  winners from the game in Washington. There were a total of 8,924,125 Powerball winners across the country last night, and 155,703 of those winning tickets were sold in Washington!  These winning tickets are worth a total of more than $868,000.

Last night’s drawing produced six $10,000 winners in Washington. Those Powerball winning tickets were sold at the following stores:

  • Yellow Pine Market in Kettle Falls
  • Hank’s Grocery in Bremerton
  • Canyon Road Shell in Puyallup
  • Shell Station on Dearborn in Seattle
  • Mary’s Corner Market in Chehalis
  • Zip Mart in Kirkland

“This was a great week for Washington’s Lottery players!” explained Washington’s Lottery Director of External Affairs and Stakeholder Outreach, Arlen Harris. “Washington’s Lottery had $10.1 million in Powerball ticket sales alone for last night’s drawing. A normal week for Powerball sales in Washington is $1 million. We love high jackpots because the more tickets we sell, the more the state benefits.”

Washington’s Lottery’s primary beneficary is the Washington Opportunity Pathways Account. Approximately 65 percent of the Washington Opportunity Pathways Account goes toward helping Washington’s students achieve their higher education dreams by funding college scholarships and state financial aid programs.The remaining amount, approximately 35 percent, is used to support early childhood learning programs.The funds generated by the Lottery’s partnership in the 2011 fiscal year 2011 helped provide tuition assistance for more than 20,000 students statewide.

Anyone with a winning ticket from last night’s drawing should sign the back and put it in a safe place until they claim their prize. For all Washington’s Lottery draw games, winners have 180 days from the date of the drawing to claim their prize. For more information on Washington’s Lottery and Powerball please visit www.walottery.com.







The winning Powerball ticket worth $550 million was sold in Bellevue, Washington. (not true, but fun to think about a neighbor winning that much dough).  If you are looking to EARN extra money EVERY month by helping people save money on their bills, you’ll want to check this out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *