Bellevue LifeSpring’s Holiday Adopt-A-Family program allows caring individuals, concerned families, and community groups to personally make a difference for a struggling family during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. The Adopt-A-Family program is a matching program. Members of the community sponsor struggling families that best meet their ability to give.
Heritage Bank is accepting all Non Perishable foods at their Bellevue branch located at 520 – 112th Ave NE Ste 160. Thank you for your consideration.
Sponsors will provide:
• Non-perishable food for the holiday meal and the long weekend
• A grocery store gift card for meat or poultry and fresh items.
The Thanksgiving holiday is followed by a long weekend. We hope to provide a celebratory meal for the families we adopt as well as food items for lunches and treats during the extended weekend.
Holiday Meal Ideas:
• Rice, dry or canned beans, pasta
• Flour, sugar, cooking oil, stuffing and gravy mixes
• Canned vegetables (corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, etc.)
• Canned fruit (pineapple, peaches, pears, cranberry sauce, etc.)
• Herbs and spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, garlic, poultry seasoning, etc.)
Household Item Ideas:
These items are especially appreciated because they are expensive and cannot be purchased with food stamps.
• Bath tissue • Saran wrap/aluminum foil
• Paper towels • Cleaning products
• Laundry detergent • Dishwashing liquid
• Toothpaste/toothbrushes • Bath soap
• Dental floss • Deodorant
Lunch and Treat Ideas:
Healthy items are especially appreciated. Please provide items that you would purchase for your own family. Look for high-fiber, low-sugar, and low-sodium varieties.
• Tuna and mayonnaise • Whole-wheat crackers
• Cereal or oatmeal • Applesauce
• Peanut butter and jelly • Trail mix
• Canned soup • Granola bars