Bellevue Heritage Bank is giving back by accepting school supply donations until Thursday August 11th for Bellevue Hopelink.
How to Help: Donate School Supplies – Encourage friends, family and co-workers to do the same! – Make a cash donation knowing approximately $40 provides for one student to have a filled backpack. Drop off at Heritage Bank, 520 112th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Supplies needed: Back packs, Three hole punched, Lined filler paper, Spiral notebooks, Folders, Colored pencils, Markers, Glue, Glue sticks, Scissors and Rulers. All others you would fill a back pack with.
- Hopelink offers an integrated array of programs that enable families in crisis to make progress toward and achieve self-sufficiency.
- Hopelink’s five centers each offer food banks, plus food deliveries to elderly and disabled individuals who are homebound. Related programs include education and seasonal activities.
- Hopelink also offers an Emergency Feeding Service, which delivers bags of food to schools, religious institutions, and community centers to provide to families in need. Eviction prevention support can help families avoid homelessness. Our Emergency Family Shelter provides a temporary home base for homeless families.
- Hopelink Transitional Housing offers up to two years of housing and ongoing case-management support. The First Month’s Rent program helps families get started in more permanent homes. The Family Development Program works with families at risk of homelessness, to help the family stay in their home and move from crisis to self-sufficiency. Family Development Specialists work one-on-one with the family, helping them assess their strengths, connect with community resources, and set and meet goals.
- Hopelink’s Adult Education Department is committed to providing a diverse selection of educational services to clients which meet their needs, build self-sufficiency and a habit of lifelong learning. The Adult Education programs address literacy and lifelong learning. Access to services can make the difference between being homebound and isolated, or healthy and active.
- Hopelink’s Transportation Brokerage provides an essential link to the community for King County residents on Medicaid assistance, and to low income families and children. Our drivers and dispatchers also provide all of the Metro DART service in King County. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Puget Sound Energy Home Energy Lifeline Program (PSE HELP) assist with the high cost of heating and energy bills.
- Hopelink can often help with those costs which might make the difference between a family going hungry or homeless, and the family surviving. In addition, we can often help with rent and other emergency needs that “fall through the cracks” of other available assistance.
- Hopelink helped 2,900 youth begin the school year on equal footing with their peers by providing backpacks and school supplies. Our goal is to serve over 4,000 this year.