Washington state philanthropists young and old, individual and corporate, are being sought as nominees to be named as “Outstanding Philanthropists” on National Philanthropy Day, Nov. 18, 2011, in Seattle.
The award recognition is sponsored by The Association of Fundraising Professionals – Washington Chapter.
Individuals and organizations are encouraged to nominate deserving philanthropists for the following awards:
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation
- Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business
- Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization (raises private funds and makes grants)
- Outstanding Philanthropist(s) (individual or couple)
- Outstanding Philanthropic Family
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist (up to age 21)
Nomination forms can be downloaded at https://afpwc.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_82459 and nomination letters must be postmarked by June 3, 2011. This annual event celebrates philanthropy in local communities throughout Washington state. Ray Li, director of strategic initiatives at Neighborhood House in Seattle, and Norman B. Rice, president and chief executive officer of The Seattle Foundation, co-chair the awards committee. All nominees are welcome.
“Philanthropy is as important today as ever,” said Peter Drury, president of AFP-Washington Chapter and founder of nonprofit organization management company DZO Strategists LLC. “Were philanthropy ever to dry up and go away, our communities would be deeply impoverished. Museums, social services, education, sustainability initiatives, arts, health care, food banks, and international relief organizations all are made possible by the power of our collective generosity. We strongly encourage people to nominate those who inspire them by their spirit of giving and by their positive influence in our community through philanthropy.”
2010 honorees included:
- McKinstry Co. – Outstanding Corporation
- Whatcom Community Foundation – Outstanding Organization
- Matt Griffin and Evelyne Rozner – Outstanding Philanthropists
- The Moles Family – Outstanding Family
- Madeleine Colvin and Grace Grubb – Outstanding Youth
- Deliver Express, Inc. – Outstanding Small Company
About the Association of Fundraising Professionals: The Washington Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) presents one of the oldest and largest National Philanthropy Day celebrations in the country with more than 1,200 attendees. Each November the organization joins national and international colleagues to celebrate exceptional individuals and organizations that have dedicated themselves to philanthropy. Nationally, AFP represents more than 26,000 members in 172 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. AFP fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. For more information, visit www.afpwashington.org or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org